Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kerry Blair's "Counting Blessings"

Kerry Blair is one of the most beloved authors in the LDS market. She's authored at least eleven books and has been actively involved with the Whitney Awards and was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Whitney Awards last year. This book which came out last year is called Counting Blessings, Wit and Wisdom for Women. The blurb says:

Spiritual refreshment is only pages away in this down-to-earth collection of inspiring stories and essays. Like a wise and witty friend, Kerry Blair leads you through the rough spots of life by poking gentle fun at herself in such a vivacious way that you'll be smiling at your own foibles. You'll laugh out loud-and occasionally be moved to tears-as you discover some of life's greatest truths hidden within these simple pages. Reclaim your sanity and enrich your soul with this humorous and poignant anthology that celebrates the joy of being alive and shows how greatly each of us is blessed.

On the About Me section of Kerry's website it says:
MORMON MAJOR-GENERAL

I am the very pattern of a modern Major-General,
I’ve information vegetable, animal, and mineral;
I know the books of scripture, and I quote prophets historical,
From Abraham to Joseph Smith, in order chronological;
I’m very well acquainted, too, with Mormon lit that’s fictional,
I’ve read five dozen Whitney books from romance to fantastical;
About the Cub Scout program I am teeming with a lot o’ news;
With interesting facts about the banquet that is gold and blue.
I’m very good at critter care and tending kids without a fuss,
I cook, I clean, I Visit Teach; sometimes I write – miraculous!
In short, in matters quite mundane, relevant, and trivial,
I am the very model of a Mormon Major-General!

So you can see she has a great sense of humor. You can read more about her and her books on her website or her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment