Monday, September 28, 2009

Laura Bingham's YA fantasy, "Alvor"

I recently had a chance to sit with Laura Bingham at an event for local school librarians (local to me, not to her--she drove a long way to be there). I would say I signed with her but, well, I didn't have copies of my book yet. Her book, Alvor, the first in a series of G-rated YA fantasies sounds like a great book, which is now on my very lengthy to-read list. It is geared for kids about fourth grade through high school. Here's the back cover blurb:

Erin and her twin brother, Bain, never expected to find that the cabin in the woods near their home is actually a secret entrance to a magical world. Surrounded by pegasi, dragons, and fairies, they discover new powers within themselves and a secret they have unknowingly been preparing for: they are training to become elves. Now they are faced with the decision to stay in this dream world or return home to the life they knew.

A spellbinding tale of fantasy and fairy tale, Älvor draws you into an enchanting world of all things magical.

Laura is the mother of five and teaches clogging--how she finds time to write and do so much publicity I'll never know. Her hard work in getting the word out is paying off however, as I understand her bok has already gone back for a third printing--and it's only been out for a few months.

You can read a review of the book here. Check out Laura's website here, (which has a first chapter posted) or for regular updates through her blog, check her out here. She's currently giving away a copy of her book--in celebration of one year since she got her contract. If you check out her blog and leave a comment on Wednesday, September 23rd's post before October 17th, you could be the lucky winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment