Monday, April 26, 2010

Inspirational romantic suspense by Dee Henderson

I love audio books and listen to them all the time as I travel or do projects around the house. My local library is set up with Netlibrary.com, so I can download oodles of audio books for free--which I've totally loved. Unfortunately, it's gotten so hard to find books that are both engaging and free of the harsh language and sex scenes. Honestly, most of the inspirational romance I'd been exposed to in the national market I found to be insipid, but I gave Dee Henderson's work a chance and have been so pleased! Her books are all romantic suspense (at least the ones I've been exposed to so far) and involve either law enforcement/federal agents (like the FBI) or military personnel--and no, not all the tough characters are men, the women are plenty strong and inventive as well.

My first book was Danger in the Shadows, which I found complex, with a well developed romance, likable characters, and not too heavy-handed on the religion angle. Her male and female leads even had a legitimate reason to be kept apart, unlike so many books about people who have simple misunderstandings. Here's the blurb from Amazon:

Sara is terrified. She's doing the one thing she cannot afford to do: fall in love with former pro-football player Adam Black, a man everyone knows. Sara's been hidden away in the witness protection program, her safety dependent on staying invisible--and loving Adam could get her killed!

Introducing the O'Malleys, an inspirational group of seven, all abandoned or orphaned as teens, who have made the choice to become a loyal and committed family. They have chosen their own surname, O'Malley, and have stood by each other through moments of joy and heartache. Their stories are told in CBA best-selling, inspirational romantic suspense novels that rock your heart and restore strength and hope to your spirit.


You can learn more about Dee Henderson' stories including reading a first chapter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment