Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Bright Blue Miracle" by Becca Wilhite

When I saw this book in the Whitney finalist lineup I thought I hadn't heard of it before, but when I read the back liner, I realized it was familiar after all. Here's the blurb:

Seventeen-year-old Leigh Mason is not sure she is ready to share her mom, her bedroom, and her little sisters with her new stepsister, Betsy. And she's definitely not ready to share her best friend, who happens to be a boy! Coping with a blended family is not easy for either Leigh or Betsy, especially during their senior year in high school. Each step brings them nearer to a crisis that will either send them running in different directions or bind them firmly together (which, let s face it, would take a miracle). Bright Blue Miracle is a new young adult novel that has everything a girl wants: a hero (more specifically, a really cute boy), a villain (who happens to be a stepsister), comedy, despair, pedicures, ice cream, love, hate, tennis, revenge, and, of course, a couple of surprises that might send you for some tissues.

Bright Blue Miracle is Becca Wilhite's first book, though her second one, My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsession is now available for pre-order on Amazon as it isn't being released for a few more weeks. I was happy to find out her book is at my library, so if I can squeeze in enough time before the April due date, I'll have to read the youth Whitney finalists too!

You can check out her blog to learn more about her, her books, and her thoughts on life in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment